AppleScript, Photoshop & the Original Folder (again)

I agree, simply changing mode would simplify things greatly. In fact, if you just want to do that ColorSyncScripting would bypass Photoshop altogether.

The reason I use an action (and PS) is to handle Unsharp Masking before the file is converted (ie in RGB mode). That is the only reason. I wish I could find a satisfactory way to do this without even running Photoshop.

Another reason for Photoshop in my workflow is that I want to use EPS as a final (and possibly input) format. Panther ImageEvents and ColorSync scripting do not play with EPS files very well. I’ve thought about trying iMagine but that would require andother site liscense and another piece of software on many machines.

Anybody have any experience with iMagine for this sort of thing?

Tom,

I’m sorry I didn’t notice your request for info before now. I realized earlier in the thread that iMagine Photo was possibly not helpful for you and since I don’t have any Photoshop scripting experience I couldn’t make a useful contribution.

iMagine Photo can’t handle EPS files and I don’t have any plans for adding that capability.

iMagine Photo can read CMYK image files and render them but can currently only create rgb image files. Adding the ability to create image files using the CMYK colour mode is on my list of features to add.

Though apart from converting your files to CMYK I am not sure what else you are trying to do to the image files so iMagine Photo might be able to help in combination with ColorSync scripting.

Kevin