Selective copy operation help

I need to copy Macromedia Freehand files (versions 3 to 9) off a vast number of CDs (over 1000) onto a server. The CDs contain files of creator code FH30, FH40, FH50, FH70, FH80, FH90). Unfortunately, the CD’s also contain a whole bunch of other data, including Freehand files with a .eps suffix. I do not want these files, I am only after the vanilla Freehand files. So I am seeking an AppleScript which will do the following;

Ask for the source (so I can point it to the CD)
Ask for the destination (so I can point it to the relevant folder on the server)
Recreate the folder heirachy from the CD in the folder I designated on the server.
Populate the folder heirachy to create a mirror image of what is on CD, but with only files of the correct creator codes but ignoring any whose suffix is .eps.

I have tried to work this out in AppleScript and Googled it, but I am getting nowhere. If there is a clever person out there who can assist I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

we can help a lot better if you provide us with the script you started

that way rather than just providing you with a script which some may be willing to do

you can learn to applescript

i have noticed others are a lot more willing to help when its “help” you want and not someone to do the work for you

to get you started you may try this

set source_fldr to choose folder with prompt “Please point to the Source CD”
set dest_fldr to choose folder with Prompt “Please point to the Destination Folder”

i am not trying to sound condescending or rude this forum is full of plenty of very helpful people that would be more than willing to help

hope you understand