Excel Workbook to PDF work around script

I am but a poor neophyte photographer, who has just completed a huge inventory of my negs using EXCEL X. The excel file is made up of a collection of worksheet SECTIONS that are shown in a WORKBOOK. Due to an unimaginable bug in Excel, WORKBOOKs cannot currently be exported as pdfs. WOW, not possible you may say but sadly I am far from being alone here. Lots of people are looking for a work around. It is due to the fact that when you ask EXCEL to print a WORKBOOK with numerous sections it sends them to the printer with the same file name. Fine for a printer, not for pdf generation as each file erases the one before it leaving you with only the last one intact. I have found a workaround but it is very laborious when you have 13 sections so I figured it might be scriptable. I tried all yesterday to discover how but I am just not very talented.
Below is a blow by blow description of what I do to get a pdf out of excel.

1. Open the excel file
  2. Print file specifying that you wish to print all page in the WORKBOOK.
  3. click PRINT PREVIEW button
  4. In PREVIEW app each of the EXCEL sheets is opened WITH THE SAME FILE NAME!!! They open in the same order as in the WORKBOOK i.e section is first, therefore on the screen when all is opened you see the last page on top of the stack.
  5. I have to rename each file from 13 back to 1 and save them to the desktop. When done, I have 13 pdfs.
  6. Import into either imergepdf (great little freeware)
    http://www.automagic-software.com/downloads.php
    or
    acrobat 6
  7. order the files numerically
  8. Save the files as a single pdf

Now that is alot of clicking for a very simple task (in theory)
Can anyone help myself and many others who have this problem. Incidentally, this bug has been in excel from the start of X and it does not look like they are going to sort it out so this is not time wasted.
Thank you

Hi,

Have you ever tried pdf workflow:

http://www.apple.com/applescript/print/

When I save as pdf to a folder they have different names for each sheet. Or you can write a script or send to another app.

gl,

CREATE PRINTER ACTION & ASSEMBLE EXCEL WORKBOOK PDF

1. Create file “PDF Services” in one of the following files in your machine

• /Library/PDF Services
    • ~/Library/PDF Services
    • /Network/Library/PDF Services
  2. Install Acrobat 6 Professional (if you don’t have it alredady)

3. Make alias of Acrobat 6 and add to “PDF Services” file in the Library directory.

4. Go to “Print” any doc such as an Excel Workbook !!!

5. In the new “save as pdf”, choose Acrobat 6 pro. Acrobat open automatically

6. All the files are sent to Acrobat in the right order.

7. To compile them in acrobat 6, Choose “create PDF - from Multiple file”.

8. A window opens listing all the pages sent in the order to be printed. Here you can rearrange the order as you wish or even add pages from elsewhere!

9. Save this doc with a new name.

10. It’s done!

Full instructions on installing printer shortcuts are available at http://www.apple.com/applescript/print/

Thank you for your help.