Folder Action Property Persistence

Maybe I haven’t been paying attention, but I have run into a problem with Folder Actions. I need to have a property set the first time the FA is run and have the property be persistent every subsequent time but each time the FA is run, it resets the property to its initial value. As a very simple example, this code, when run on my Mac OS X 10.3.8 machine, never updates properly, the run_count always reverts to 0 and displays 1 when new items are added to the attached folder:

Is this a known issue? Is it just my machine? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

Hi,

Your script works, as you describe it, here in Jaguar, so it might be a known issue in Panther although I’ve never seen post relating to this. I may have skipped post like these because it was a panther issue. There may be a work around in panther, but I would not be able to test it.

gl,

Thanks, kel. I’m surprised I haven’t seen this before. I’ve searched but haven’t seen this addressed. Can this really be the case? Can anyone offer some insights?

Thanks,
Jon