HELP! I know nothing, but I still need help. . .

Hey Everyone-
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to be posting in, I know nothing about applescript but I thought it may work for what I need. . .
I have a baby due in about a week. My wife is absolutely CRAZY with the idea of me bringing our laptop to the hospital, but. . .
I only have room for a certain amount of pictures on my two compactflash cards. So, while I’m shooting, I thought it would be easier if I could just put my card into the card reader, push a button, and have it copy the files from the card reader into a file on the hard drive. So, what I’m looking to do is:

1. Insert the card into the card reader
  2. Have a script that will copy the files from a specific file on the card onto a specific file on my hard drive
  3. Do a command-e (eject the card) on the card so I can take it and use it to shoot while I put in my other card and copy the files from it.

Logically, it sounds like this would be fairly simple in the way of how to script it, but I know NOTHING about applescript, and I need help. If there is anyone out there who would be willing to help me, I would really appreciate it. If this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing, please let me know and I will go to the appropriate forum. (BTW, I’m running an iBook G3 700 with OS 10.3.8).
Thanks in advance,
Chip

This http://bbs.applescript.net/viewtopic.php?t=5719&highlight=card+reader will help you out with the smartmedia card mounting and the necessary read/write to the card.
Good luck.

:smiley:
Brandon-
Thank you so much! I think I have the basic idea, just change the drive names and volume names in the script to match mine. At the moment, I don’t know what to do with applescript (I don’t know if you need a program that doesn’t come with the mac to do it, but I hope not) but I should be able to find that information readily available. I really appreciate the help. I’ll get back to you and let you know how it worked.
Thanks,
Chip