Help: Script works in OS9 and Classic but not OSX

Hi
I work in Quark and have a script that I use in Quark 4 in Classic but when I use it in Quark 6.5 in OSX on the same computer it errors. The error is -1753 and I think it is to do with the integer.

Basically the script is used to draw a coloured rule over a highlighted amount of text. The reason for this? - well it looks like a coloured box (although it’s really a rule) and so it is an ultra fast and automatic way of placing coloured boxes over different areas of text.

Below is the script. PLEASE HELP this script saves me hours and hours.

tell application “QuarkXPress”
tell document 1
set theheight to (the height of the text of the selection) as integer
set rulewidth to (theheight - 9)
tell paragraph 1 of the selection
set the rule below to {color:color spec “10M 30Y” of document 1 of application “QuarkXPress”, left indent:“0 mm”, position:“p4”, right indent:“0 mm”, rule on:true, shade:“100%”, style:solid, text length:false, width:rulewidth}
end tell
do updates
end tell
do updates
end tell

I’m just checking to make sure you’ve compiled and saved the script in X, and are not trying to use the script “application” you made in 9.

Also, does Quark in X use the same dictionary as it did in 9? Check the syntax in the dictionary for the X version, and make sure they didn’t change it up a bit from 9.
SC