Is Keychain Scripting broken in Tiger?

After upgrading to Tiger, I can no longer retrieve a password via Keychain Scripting. Can anyone confirm or tell me what’s wrong with a simple script like this?

set myApp to "ApplicationX" -- an application that stores a PW in the keychain
tell application "Keychain Scripting"
	set theKey to first generic key of current keychain whose name is myApp
	set thePW to password of theKey
end tell

I can retrieve any other property (description, dates, etc.), but the above script generates the following message “Keychain Scripting got an error: Application isn’t running.” Generating a new key works fine though.

I use this in a AS Studio application. So if keychain scripting is broken, is there a call method I can use to retrieve the password? If so, what is the syntax for that?

Thanks for any pointers, -Reinhold

On top of this problem, I can’t seem to run a shell script with administrator priviliges any more. It freezes Script Editor and it has to be force quit. Can anyone confirm with the following script?

set adminPW to “adminPassword”
try
do shell script “sudo -v” password adminPW with administrator privileges
end try

TIA, -Reinhold

Not that its any help - but I have the same issue as well

Removing “password” doesn’t bring up a dialogue box either - although “HELP” implies it would.

This is a big hassle — stops me from easily setting some default routes…

Guess its back off to trying to use “expect” again

I have the same problem with keychain. I do have a solution for the admin shell script issue.
I did it like this, assuming you have the password stored in thePassword:

set pPath to "\"" & POSIX path of This_Folder & "\""
set Script1 to "sudo -S umount -v " & pPath & " | echo " & thePassword
try
	do shell script Script1 password thePassword with administrator privileges
end try

sudo -S will take input from stdin. " | echo " & thepassword will make use of this. I hope this helps.