Okey Dokey Pro on OS X with AppleScript?

I have a Mac running a shell script and that script sometimes stops because a modal dialog is thrown up. I am looking for doing something similar to Okey Dokey Pro, using AppleScript:

http://www.pure-mac.com/sys.html#okeydokey

Pressing the default button in modal dialogs after a time limit if the dialog pops up and stops the other script.

Okey Dokey Pro is not compatible with OS X and has not been upgraded as far as I can tell since 1997.

Is there an easy way to do this with AppleScript, or do you know of another utility that would do this that IS OS X compatible?

Would I just run the app and have the dialog appear and then launch AppleScript press the Record button in AppleScript press the OK button in the App and Stop button in AppleScript and then work on cleaning up the code and making sure the script would run during the time the Mac is running the other script?

Thank You,

Brad

Model: G4
AppleScript: 1.9.3
Browser: Internet Explorer 5.23
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

As far as I have been able to determine this can be done with QuicKeys.

Does anyone know a way to do it with AppleScript?

TIA,

Brad

Browser: Safari 312
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.4)

It would be tricky since the applescript you’re running would be waiting for the application’s response message to whatever event produced the dialog in the first place. I guess you’d have to spawn another script, but it would be hard to get the timing right.

What application are you talking about? In many apps like Adobe’s/Quark’s/etc. it is possible to supress user interaction.

digest4D,

Thanks for your reply.

An AppleScript is what is throwing up the dialog that needs to be suppressed (I thought it was something else when I first posted). So maybe the AppleScript itself needs to be fine tuned so that the dialog does not come up in the first place.

Thanks again I will just try this myself and post if I need more help.

Thanks,

Brad