A big Thank You to Ray

Ray,

Just a note to say thank you for all the work you have done. I am sure there are others who have contributed to keeping this forum up and running as well, so a big thank you to them as well.

I know I appreciate your efforts. I wish I could have found the time to have offered help in response to your request. As I can’t all I can do is offer my heartfelt thanks for everything you have done to keep macscripter up and running in the past and what must have been a lot of work to update it recently which is obviously still ongoing.

Yours in appreciation.

Kevin

Browser: Safari 125.1
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.5)

:lol:
HUZZAH!
I think the new site rocks.
Thanks to Ray and to all the others that work in the background to keep Macscripter a great place for Applescript.

Brandon

Model: iMac DV (summer 2001)
AppleScript: 1.9.3
Browser: Safari 312
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.3.9)

A beaming “Ray” of light to the Applescript community he is
:lol:
SC

Hi all,

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words. We are very, very serious about making this website the best resource for scripting, both for guru to newbie. It matters much to me that macscripter provides absolutely the best user experience for applescripting anywhere.

I’ve labored close to a year updating every section on macscripter. [whew!] I have depended mostly on the principalship to help me migrate the content, so I have to thank them for their patience and support, especially in those dark times when I felt I would never get this thing off the ground.

It had been my original intention to go-live with the new stuff last weekend, ‘incognito’. Unfortunately, my best laid plans didn’t quite work out that way. :rolleyes: I had just bought me a Mac off eBay - I wanted to update my production machine to OSX. Right when I was updating the new stuff, that machine crashed and burned. Of course, it HAD to break when I was going live. :mad:

Needless to say, while I was struggling to get my older machine back in place again, meanwhile my inBox overfloweth. :rolleyes:

Now that I’ve had a chance to breath, I will be fine tuning things, and more especially, bringing online more kewl sections in the near future, so please stay tuned. However, if anyone finds something that isn’t working right, or needs changing, fire off a email to me and we’ll get it fixed pronto. Moreover, we welcome comment on how to improve macscripter as a resource, so if you have any suggestions by all means let me know. They will not go un-noticed.

Since 1998-9, macscripter.net has achieved great status amoung Applescripters, second only to Apple’s. I’ve generally avoided much public disclosure of myself, mostly, because in my mind I felt it would be only a distraction. I feel I owe Macscripter’s success not only to those Principals who have helped me, but moreso to the great scripting community which exists and supports us. Today, Macscripter is the largest Applescript centric website, second only to Apple’s own.

I’ve said this many times over, but it’s worth repeating. It’s not so much about this website as it is the good folks who make macscripter what it is today. We never could of done this without your support and patronage.

Huge Thanks go to All of you.

Sincerely

What makes MacScripter truly great, however, is not just it’s new format (which I love), but the resource it represents. Back in preXtoric days, many systems ago, I had an extensive collection of QuicKeys shortcuts to do my bidding. OS X knocked the stuffing out of most of them, so I turned to AppleScript.

My two major resources for learning AS were Danny Goodman’s AppleScript Handbook, Mac OS X Edition, the best $15 any newbie scripter can spend, and this forum. Also recommended but not essential: Matt Neuburg’s “AppleScript, A definitive guide”. But of all the potential resources, this forum is really the most useful, informative, and helpful of any I subscribe to.

Kudos for a fantastic resource.

Auh, shuckinz folks! [looks away, drags foot on floor …]:stuck_out_tongue:

Now, everyone just do me a huge favor, and spread the word about this forum and macscripter! :smiley:

It’s almost a shame, but now we find ourselves competing with Apple’s forums [did I say that? ;)]. While something can be said for some good competition, in some ways I felt a little betrayed, given the fact we were the only forum for years that supported the Applescript community.

Shout loudly to those other folks who are missing out on such a great bunch of people who make this forum the best place around …

I humbly thank all …