Bah...Slider problems. (itunes)

I’m goofing off making an iTunes controller. (to learn)

Originally I had the progress bar as an indicator of the progression of the song, now I’m doing it with a slider. The slider works…kind of. I have to either drag the slider to where I want it, or double click it (I have to double click it juuuuust right) for it to go to where I want in the song. Otherwise, it just jumps back to the beginning of the song. This is annoying. I’ve tried everything, searched google, here, high and low.

Heres my code:

[code]else if the name of theObject = “placeSlider” then
tell application “System Events”
set iTunes to ((application processes whose (name is equal to “iTunes”)) count)
end tell
if iTunes is greater than 0 then
tell application “iTunes”
set j to (duration of current track)
end tell
set the maximum value of slider “placeSlider” of window “mainWindow” to j
set thePlace to the contents of slider “placeSlider” of window “mainWindow” as integer

tell application "iTunes"
			set player position to thePlace
		end tell
	end if[/code]

and my code for getting the info (ignore the part about the volume)

on idle theObject tell application "System Events" set iTunes to ((application processes whose (name is equal to "iTunes")) count) end tell if iTunes is greater than 0 then try using terms from application "iTunes" tell application "iTunes" to get player state as string end using terms from if result is not "stopped" then tell application "iTunes" set j to (duration of current track) / 60 as string set k to (player position) / 60 as string set l to name of current track set m to artist of current track set thevolume to sound volume end tell set contents of text field "songText" of box "songBox" of window "mainWindow" to l set contents of text field "artistText" of box "songBox" of window "mainWindow" to m set enabled of slider of window "mainWindow" to true set the contents of slider "volumeslider" of window "mainWindow" to thevolume set the maximum value of slider "placeSlider" of window "mainWindow" to j set the contents of slider "placeSlider" of window "mainWindow" to k end if on error return "" end try end if return 1 end idle

Hi,

As I remember it, iTunes doesn’t have a way to play the track at a certain position. You might want to use QuickTime for this.

gl,

tell application "itunes" set player position to "52" end tell
Works perfect. I think it’s something to do with the slider.