Printer selection in OSX with Quark

I have an applescript running in OS X that activates quark and Markzwares Flight Check both use different printers to produce the required output. How do I change printers???
One is a replacement for laser writer 8 (PDF writer, ) whilst the other is a standard postscript driver.
When I ran the same script on 0s9 i used to select a new printer by scripting the desktop printers, but I don’t seem to be able to do this in OSX nor in Classic Mode.
The script is using an idle handler and again this seems to be causing another problem with classic applications, after it has finished its processes in OS9 it then hangs there until you click back on to the OSX desktop.
Any help or directions would be appreciated.
Cheers in advance.
Steve Any Help would be appreciated.

: I have an applescript running in OS X that activates quark and
: Markzwares Flight Check both use different printers to produce
: the required output. How do I change printers???
: One is a replacement for laser writer 8 (PDF writer, ) whilst the
: other is a standard postscript driver.
: When I ran the same script on 0s9 i used to select a new printer
: by scripting the desktop printers, but I don’t seem to be able
: to do this in OSX nor in Classic Mode.
: The script is using an idle handler and again this seems to be
: causing another problem with classic applications, after it
: has finished its processes in OS9 it then hangs there until
: you click back on to the OSX desktop.
: Any help or directions would be appreciated.
: Cheers in advance.
: Steve Any Help would be appreciated.
Don’t worry, I have managed to make a work around, by using the printer selection scripting addition and installing this on an osx machine with classic as well as a traditional as9 mac, I was then abble to write the script to select a printer and save as an application.
When this was then run on a os x machine, it flipped back to classic, selected the printer an returned to os X.