Delete certain pieces of text?

Hello all. I need some help. I have a mailing list for my business and the way text is entered is like this:

“email”,“date”,“ip”

So a quick example would be:

bob@bob.com”,“1268080664”,“XX.XXX.XXX.XXX”

Except I want to use a piece of software for Mac instead of using the online tool. I set up automator to download the text file the info is stored in, but then I need it to delete some necessary functions. Before you ask, “Why not just make your PHP file remove the extra stuff?” and my answer is that I want to keep it there incase I use it in the future. So basically, I am wondering how in automator, I can have it remove everything but the email address. The email is always laying between the first two quotes, so that might make it easier. If this has to be done with apple script instead, let me know. Thank you!

Hello,

Instead of deleting certain text, wouldn’t it be easier to just grab all the emails and make a text file out of that.

I composed a workflow on that below. I really tried hard to do the delete thing, but got nowhere with it.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Regards,

Phil

P.S. If you don’t want to do it this way, you can always contact Ben Waldie at http://www.automatedworkflows.com he is a pro with automator and applescripting and has helped me out a lot.