Automate posting to iCloud Shared Streams

Hey everybody! First-time poster here.

I have been searching for this solution for a while and have not made any headway in this issue. I maintain a photo-of-the-day blog and also use a shared photo stream for people who want to subscribe to it. I’ve had great success with exporting from iPhoto and Aperture, getting it watermarked, and posted to the blog with little manual interaction, but the hardest part has been posting the photo to my “Photo of the Day” shared stream. Does anyone have any tips on how to script that particular step? If it helps, I am running Mavericks (and Yosemite GM).

tl;dr how to script placing a photo into an iCloud shared photo stream.

Thank you!

I’m stuck on this too, more or less the same thing. I’m guessing import the image to a library first then add it to the stream. The details elude me, though. The stream can be found in the albums list, I’ve tried importing an image to the stream, treating it as an album. The image appears briefly in the stream then disappears. That’s as far as I am.

If it’s any help, it’s possible to create an automator workflow that will add to a stream. It’s not ideal but the plan here is to add and select an image using a script then call the workflow from the script to add the selection to the stream.

good luck.