Turn off the green light of the built in camera

Hi,

Does anyone know how to turn off the camera light with unix. Also, had more questions.

Edited: also had to read the new man pages on pmset, but I forgot my question. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
kel

You know what they should add, is pmeset or caffeinated for external displays.

Hello.

It is a very big deal for Apple and other hardware manufacturers to see to that the green light can’t be turned off, last time I read about it, it was only Apple that had managed it, hence, there are no RAT-kits on OS X, which lets pervs peep on innocent victims using the built-in camera. (One good reason to buy a Mac. :slight_smile: ).

Hi McUsr,

I wanted to turn of the light so unsuspecting mischievous people would not know that they had been busted. :smiley: But, God knows in the end anyway. :slight_smile:

Darn, It can’t be done!

Later,
kel

It probably can be done, if you have hands on access to a singleMmac, and the hardware schematics,the capability to alter the firmware, and, and . :slight_smile:

I guess innocent people counts for more than perps. Why not, rather try to activate the flash, or play a sirene soundtrack on full volume, so that people knows for sure they have been busted? :smiley:

Hey McUsr,

Actually, I found a secret solution. It has something to do with black tape on the light while still leaving the camera going. But, don’t tell anybody. Shhhh! :smiley:

Have a good day,
kel

Hahaha.

Black tape, yes, that might work. :slight_smile: