Joining H.264 video into one

One of the reason I needed to find the duration of individual MP4 files is because I am going to join all of those file together. Before doing the join I needed to know the duration of each clip in order to create an index allowing to start viewing a specific clip at the right place.

I found an application called MP4Joiner which concatenate video files together without doing any re-encoding.

Would you happens to know if this could be done through a AppleScript program rather than using 'MP4Joiner?

Thanks!

Daniel

I’ve found instruction on Joining H.264 files from

I’ve then installed Homebrew and then ffmpeg using Terminal I’ve executed

To join two mp4 files together I ran

I am still testing this. The reason I decided to use the ffmpeg application is because I thought I could run the ffmpeg terminal command using AppleScript.

Do this make sense to you?

Thanks again!

Maybe Shane Stanley will be able to give a way to achieve your goal using ASObjC.

Yvan KOENIG running Sierra 10.12.6 in French (VALLAURIS, France) dimanche 23 juillet 2017 11:13:26

It can probably be done, but it’s fairly complex. I don’t think it’s worth considering unless there’s nothing else. I suspect it can be done with QuickTime scripting.