[ANN] Dialog Toolkit update and Dialog toolkit Plus

I’ve released a new version of Dialog Toolkit.lib to deal with some issues, including some related to High Sierra (macOS 10.13). I’ve also released an enhanced version, Dialog Toolkit Plus.lib, which requires macOS 10.10 or later.

You can download them both here:

https://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/Script_Libs.html#DialogToolkit

Thank you, Shane!

I’ve just released a Dialog Toolkit Plus 1.0.1, which fixes a bug when setting the initially selected item in a matrix. You can get it here:

https://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/Script_Libs.html#DialogToolkit

Great library!
I missed better ui controls for a decade…

There is still something to improve: currently the create labeled path control doesn’t support with multiple selections allowed

Also a nice, non - selectable delimiter, not an alt± string (as I’m used to add) like “-----------” inside the pop-up menus would be nice

And some rules for your labels in general. If one label is selected (e.g. a pop-up menu), it should include-exclude other labels (not just of the same kind of label) as well

Sometimes the grey header bar of your menus is completely missing… I don’t know if this is a bug or by design.

Thank you.

Of course – but the question is where to draw the line, in terms of both time and the size of the library. The idea is to meet common requests, and because all the code is in AppleScript, scripters can modify it for their own requirements.

For example, you could add separators to menus by adding items something like this:

repeat with anEntry in entryList
	if anEntry begins with "----" then
		(thePopup's addItem:(current application's NSMenu's separatorItem()))
	else
		(thePopup's addItemWithTitle:anEntry action:(missing value) keyEquivalent:"")
	end if
end repeat

Do you mean when they’re the top item? If so, you need to add an extra point as padding for the acc view height.

It’s possible to build in some mini arrows (up and down) to adjust numeric digits?
Like for calendar values:

Hours,(mini arrows -up-down) minutes, (mini arrows -up-down) seconds, (mini arrows -up-down), day (mini arrows -up-down) ect…

It’s theoretically possible, but extremely unlikely to happen. Beyond a certain level of complexity, creating an interface in code alone using ASObjC is not really practical.

OK I see the point.
By the other hand the manipulation of numbers is a recurring and constant need… Adding something like calendar ui elements would be even harder/cumbersome to code, if there’s no underlying framework shipped with our Os. Hadn’t had enough time to read your book very well, need to plan a day for that.

Version 1.1.0 is now available. It’s mainly a large refactoring to deal with threading issues that have become more important with Mojave, but there are also a couple of other changes, including a new secure field for stuff like password entry. It also addresses an issue with cancel/default buttons that may reverse them in some scripts, unfortunately.

You can get it here:

https://www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/Script_Libs.html

I’m getting a server not found for the most recent link for Dialog Toolkit last posted in 2019. Is it still available/functional?

Vince. Its now available on the Late Night Software site. I use it extensively on my Sonoma computer without issue.

That doesn’t sound related. Can you post the actual error?

Sure, sorry. It is just this text:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I’m not sure the cause, but it’s unrelated to Dialog Toolkit.

When I click the link in the last post in this thread where you posted a link to an updated version of Dialog Toolkit, that link is no longer functioning.

I was going to use Dialog toolkit for a project and was looking for a more recent version than the 2017 one I previously downloaded. The link peavine provided works and that’s all I needed.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like