Newbie: Sound Studio split

Sorry if this is a bad question. I’m still trying to get a grasp of AppleScript.

I’m trying to use Sound Studio to take an audio file and split it into new files at its markers. There is a split command with the optional paramaters: at, by markers, into, and prefix. I’ve found that I can do a split fileReference without getting an error message, but it doesn’t appear to do anything. If I try using any of the paramaters, though, I get error messages like “Can’t make … into expected type” (I get this with the into paramater and an alias to a folder)

Has anyone worked with Sound Studio, or could you point me in a direction of thigs to check for that I may be doing wrong. Thanks

Nathan

If you can copy the dictionary info for the split the command and your best shot at using it and the error it returns, I’ll bet we can figure it out.

Thanks for the help. Here’s the dictionary info for the split command:

split document – the target document
[at real] – the point at which to split the file (optional; if omitted, split at insertion point)
[by markers null] – split using all markers
[into file specification] – folder into which to save
[prefix boolean] – if true, add a numeric prefix (01, 02, 03…) before the file name of each file

I’ve created a new folder where I plan to save the sliced files to, and I have a reference to that in the variable sliceFolder. I’m creating this as a droplet, and aFile is a reference to the file that is dropped on the application. Here are a few of the things I’ve tried to create the slices, and the reslts I’ve gotten:

tell application "Sound Studio"
         split aFile
      end tell

– This compiles, and runs without an error, but as far as I can tell, nothing changes.

split aFile into sliceFolder
      end tell

– This compiles, but I get an error when it runs. The error says: Can’t make ,class cfol> “folder name” of continues this for each folder in the path of of application “Finder” into the expected type. (-1700)

split aFile by markers
      end tell

– This won’t change colors when I save

split aFile by markers null
         -- split aFile marker null   -- changes to this on save
      end tell

– This changes colors when I save, but it gives me an error when I complie that says: Expected end of line, etc. but found class name. (-2741)

split into sliceFolder
      end tell

– This compiles, but when I run it I get the same -1700 error as above

Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong, or where to start looking would be great. Thanks

Nathan

the Have you tried

split into sliceFolder as alias 
      end tell

Or

split into file sliceFolder
      end tell

Even try

split into POSIX path of sliceFolder
      end tell

Each of these should do the exact same thing. This should fix the -1700 error.