Is this possible? Image Capture applies iCal items to photos

I watched a Longhorn demo that talked about how you can import photos from your camera and Longhorn will use WFS to look at your calendar and photos taken on a date/time that has a calendar item will have a keyword applied from that calendar item’s label.

So if I import a bunch of photos taken on May 15th at 11 AM, Longhorn will check my calendar and find an item on May 15th at 11 AM titled “Photoshop conference” and will apply “Photoshop conference” to each photo taken during that item’s duration in the calendar.

I thought that sounded cool, but I also thought that OS X can already do that via AppleScript and iCal.

Anyone think this can be done in AppleScript?

Thanks!

Hi,

I don’t like folder actions in OSX so personally would use a droplet. You make a droplet using the ‘open’ handler.

on open file_list
– more stuff
end open

You repeat wthrough the list

on open file_list
repeat with this_item in file_list
– do something with this_item
end repeat
end open

Sounds like you want to check the creation date of the file and search for an event in ical matching that date. The time probably won’t match if you made it specific so you might use a range of time then search iCal. What calendar though or all calendars? What if you find several that match the criteria?

on open file_list
repeat with this_item in file_list
set file_info to (info for this_item)
set creation_date to (creation date of file_info)
– do something with creation_date in iCal
end repeat
end open

gl,