Need Help with Applescript and Microsoft office for Mac

Hi,
I need to write test scripts within Office for mac but I am stuck at the very beginning. hat I would like to do is to write a script that would simply open an office document (word, excel, etc) and save it in a folder on the desktop. I have tried all I can and looked at one book and there is nothing it close to what I want. This must be a simple script, isn’t it? Can someone please help.
What I encounter is after launching word (or any other one, excel etc) is that a window opens (office gallery) that requires a user to press a cancel or open button and I can not get any of the buttons to be clicked via applescript or open an already made document without going through this gallery window. I am sure there must be a way to add properties to open document such that one does not have to go through this gallery window.

To have the project gallery does not come up at boot select the preferences… menu item under the application. This will bring up the preferences dialog. For Word and Excel make sure the General tab is selected, For PowerPoint make sure that the View tab is selected. Uncheck the Show project gallery at start up check box and close the dialog.

From now on the applications will start up without the project gallery.

Hope this helps.

If you use the Launch command instead of Run, the program will not perform it’s startup procedure. This means no gallery! Then you can open any file that you wish.

ignoring application responces could be an option

but i think the launch command would be more effective

but i think if you had macros in a doccument if you open it with the ignoring application responces it could escape having the dialog come up for cofirmation