Entourage: not always so simple to send a message...

I want to save a script that asks me for the body of the message and then sends it straight away, but something goes JAPANESE… The script is this:

tell application “Finder”
set myCont to display dialog “Write your message” default answer “” buttons {“OK”} default button 1
tell application “Microsoft Entourage”
activate
make new outgoing message with properties {recipient:“xxx@yyy.com”, subject:“Trial & Error”, content:myCont}
set messID to the result
send messID
end tell
end tell

And the result is a message like this:
???f???TestTestTest???OK
(in the BBS posting the japanese idograms appear as quotation marks…)
where “TestTestTest” was the text input.
Why the jap and why the “OK” at the end?
BTW, the first time I attempted to run the script, it asked me if I really wanted to send a message, because it was potentially dangerous blah blah blah… What the xxxx?
Thx,
Guido

A couple of things. There is no reason to involve the Finder and, if you do, why nest the Entourage tell block within the Finder tell block? Next, the result of a display dialog call is a record with the button returned, text returned, and if it gave up so you need to extract just the information you need – the text returned in this case. Otherwise, the script concatenates the record into a string. Try this:

Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

Thx, it works flawlessly.
I’m new to AS, I try to get snippets of code here and there and put them together, not always with big results…
Thx again, Jon