Need a hand w/ scripting Filemaker Pro related fields

Dear List,

I know extremely little about Applescript.(sorry)
I installed OSAX scripting addition Xmail

And have a Filemaker script generating the following Applescript,
which is working perfectly:

Set toList to {“djbeta@tagnyc.com”}
send mail to toList from “rtae@mskcc.org” subject “Review requested of: Joseph Smith” body “Would you please visit the SKI Recruitment System and review the application of: DB recruit: Smith, Joseph. You may click here to access the SKI Faculty Recruitment system: FMP7://123.123.53.53/RTDB.fp7” SMTP server “pop9.mskcc.org” username “rtacafe” password “mypassword” authentication login reply to “ejdisden@hotmail.com” errors to “rtae@mskcc.org

My question is:

Is it possible to add to this script so that it can look into a portal (of files in embedded container fields -(not file references)) on my Filemaker record, loop through the portal rows and attach all the files to the email

the language for the Xmail re: attachments is as follows:

[attachments  a list of file specification]  -- the list of attachments for the mail {file1,file2,…}

Would it matter if they were File references ? (because then I think there would be a file path)

In any case, ANY help or advice (or other method) anyone can offer whatsoever would be extremely appreciated as this will add a much needed feature to my little system.

many thanks in advance,
Steven

http://www.fmforums.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=125729