desktop buttons in apple store

first post. nice site.

i have a quick question.

i was at the apple store recently here in buffalo NY and on pretty much all the macs (g5, imac, ibook, powerbook, all of them) they had this bar on the desktop

the bar was transparent, showing the wallpaper behind it, with rounded corners. had 4 icons in it, ical, address book, 2 others which i dont remember

only actions you could do is click on the icon. on mouse over, a line above the bar filled wit a description of what it was.

i’ve never seen this feature in os x so i asked someone what it was

i was then informed that it was a special apple script that apple had developed (for the stores ? ) called desktopbuttons

like a idiot i didnt ask if i could have a copy seeing how it was a simple applescript

so i get home, google, yahoo, p2p, nothing
search all of my os x cds, 10.3 and 10.3 server, nothing

before i left the store i ran a search and found desktopbuttons.scpt and desktopbuttons.pkg

i didnt wanna just throw in a flash drive and copy it off of the pcs, dunno how they would of felt about it

anyways, i have a use for this little script. has anyone developed or know how to develope something like this ? or have a copy ?

im new to applescript so im not to sure on the legality of coping something like this…

any help is appreciated.

-Mario

If you could, grab a copy of that and throw it up here (or email it to me, starmanta at gmail.com)… i’d love to have a look at it. (If not, I’ll grab it next time I’m up at the Apple Store)

there is a thread about this at macnn >> Topic: dock built into the desktop? (saw on an imac in the apple store)