Permissions Problem When Saving Script as Application

Hello,
I’m trying to test a modified Quark-to-PDF script that I saved as an application (a “droplet”) in Mac OS 10.3.5. It seems that no matter what I do in terms of modifying permissions and limitations, I can’t get the OS to let anyone other than the Admin launch the droplet.

Has anyone else run into this? I could use any help that anyone can offer.

Apologies that this is more of an OS problem…

Are you sure it’s not launching? Any chance it’s starting but failing? Post your code if you think that’s posible. Do the users have write access to modify the droplet app?

Thanks for replying, Digest 4D…

I know it’s not launching…when a user (except for the admin) drags a .qxp file onto the droplet, a dialog immediately pops up saying “You don’t have enough access privileges to open the application “PDF” (which is what I named the droplet)”.

I can get the droplet to work when using the admin account, and it works on another machine that doesn’t have any accounts but an admin. I can also set the permissions to allow another user to be able to open all applications on the system, which will let the user run the droplet…it seems that the only time that I encounter a problem is when I’m setting limitations on the apps a user can open. I’ve checked off the droplet as “allowed”, but then when I log back in as a non-admin user and try to use the droplet, I get the previously-described “not enough privileges” message. I’ve tried repairing permissions as well, which didn’t work.

Also, in the sharing settings in “get info”, I’ve basically set things such that “anybody can do everything” to this droplet.

Kind of a chewy problem…any ideas?

Thanks!