Toolbar

I have a tab toolbar like with preference windows, selectable is checked for those 'tab’s, but I would like the first item to be selected on launch, my best solution is:
valwintlbr’s setSelectedItemIdentifier_()
To make this work I have to set the identifier myself in the attributes inspector and put that in the brackets, it’s placeholder says it is auto generated, so what will it be if I don’t set it myself?

Richard,

I did nothing to my Tabs except to place them in the window, and through all the tests I have done this past couple months, the tab on the far left always is selected and opens on launch by default. Don’t know if this applies to your toolbar but that’s my observation at least in the context of my window.

Hope this helps

IB also crashes many times when adding a blank image toolbar item. What could be wrong?

I’m getting a bit annoyed, also I have a problem when switching from tab 2 to tab 1 with the text view, anyone mind having a look, it’s driving me crazy.

http://files.me.com/imadrichard/tgbqma

If it asks for a password just put in something random, thanks!

The first thing I’d do would be to get rid of those overlapping views – you have overlapping sibling views, which is specifically recommended against.

Set your custom views up separately in the nib (you can probably just drag them out), then when you want to show one, resize the window and call setContentView(aView).

Working amazingly, thanks, winmain’s setContentView_(missing value) is needed though before sizing but cuts out all those setHiddens :slight_smile: