Updating item names/path in table view

Hello all,

I have a table view in which I drop items: it displays their name, creation date, modif date, size and path.

As I process their names, I need to update the names and paths in the table as I go.

The only way I’ve found to do that is to add a little something within my processing routine and it goes like this:

-- my repeat routine HERE
                set newName to name of (info for this_item)
		set contents of data cell 2 of data row i of data source of table view 1 of scroll view 1 of window "listefichiers" to newName -- name of the item
		set contents of data cell 6 of data row i of data source of table view 1 of scroll view 1 of window "listefichiers" to (this_item as string) -- path of the item
		set contents of data cell 4 of data row i of data source of table view 1 of scroll view 1 of window "listefichiers" to modification date of this_info -- mod date of the item
               --blah blah and end of repeat routine

So, not only does that slow down the process like crazy, but what bothers me the most is that a lot of the time some of the item names / path (only a few of them each time) are not updated in the table for some reason…
I don’t know why they are not updated, but that forces me to drop my items AGAIN from the finder to compensate for the erroneous paths (which of course give me errors because the items are “not found”).

Is there a better/faster way to do that ?

Any help welcome,
Thanks!