Hacking FileMaker Script Window with Xcode

Hi, I don’t know if this is the right forum for this! but I can’t find anything in the web to help me out with my project.

I am using Xcode to hack the FileMaker Script window in order to make it better. Its been really difficult I have achieved almost nothing but maybe someone out there know the answer to this simple question:

When adding an “if” or “loop” Script step the script steps move forward like if they have a tab or something:

loop
beep
end loop

or

if [1=2]
beep
end if

What exactly is that space? a tab? a space bar? a png? hope someone out there know the answer!

if anybody know a forum or web page with topics like this I will appreciate the info!

Thank you for time!!!

Brian

Are you asking what the indent character is? Depending on what programming language you are writing in, I think the indent character is potentially different, or in many cases, irrelevant/not technically needed. I’m not 100% sure on this, but in AppleScript, the indent character seems to be the same ‘length’ as a regular tab character, so I’ve always assumed it is tab.

Thank you for replaying, I am asking because I what to replace it. I forced filemaker to use a different font one made by me were all characters were  in order to test if this is text but it didn’t work. any idea? :frowning:

I don’t know anything about FileMaker. You might get more responses on a more ‘generic’ forum like http://stackoverflow.com as this site is pretty specific to AppleScript. Best of luck.

Thank you! :slight_smile: