Changing .jpg image color

Im a novice:
I have a .jpg file that is a solid color (rgb). I want to provide the applescript with a new rgb color and the file/path name and have applescript change the color. I looked at the app image events. But I could not see how it would work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Todd Dignan

Model: 10.8 and 10.9
AppleScript: 2.5.1
Browser: Safari 537.36
Operating System: Mac OS X (10.8)

HI. I ‘m not aware of color assignment being within the scope of Image Events’ ability; you probably need a real image editor, such as Photoshop.

Hi,

Here’s a AppleScriptObjC solution

on changeSolidColorOfImage(imagePath, {redValue, greenValue, blueValue, alphaValue})
	set filePath to POSIX path of imagePath
	set image to current application's NSImage's alloc()'s initWithContentsOfFile:filePath
	set imageSize to image's |size|()
	image's lockFocus()
	set newColor to current application's NSColor's colorWithRed:redValue green:greenValue blue:blueValue alpha:alphaValue
	newColor's setFill()
	current application's NSBezierPath's fillRect:(current application's NSMakeRect(0, 0, imageSize's width, imageSize's height))
	image's unlockFocus()
	set imageTIFFData to image's TIFFRepresentation()
	set imageRep to current application's NSBitmapImageRep's imageRepWithData:imageTIFFData
	set imageProperties to {NSImageCompressionFactor:1.0}
	set imageData to imageRep's representationUsingType:(current application's NSJPEGFileType) |properties|:imageProperties
	imageData's writeToFile:filePath atomically:false
end changeSolidColorOfImage

Copy the code in AppleScript Editor and save it as script bundle with name ChangeColor Library.scptd in ~/Library/Script Libraries/. If the folder Script Libraries does not exist, create it.

Open the Bundle Contents drawer in AppleScript Editor and check the checkbox AppleScript/Objective-C library.
Press again ⌘S

Call the handler with

set theLibrary to script "ChangeColor Library"
theLibrary's changeSolidColorOfImage((path to desktop as text) & "image.jpg", {1.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0})

the first handler parameter is the path to the image (HFS path or alias specifier)
the second handler parameter is a list of 4 values {redValue, greenValue, blueValue, alphaValue} all a real number between 0.0 and 1.0.

There is no error handling at all, so make sure that the parameters match the requirements

you cannot run the library directly in AppleScript Editor