InDesign CC, vs. CC-2014, vs. CC-2015 in terms of Version Number

Does anybody know if the version number differs, or if it is even possible for a user to have more than one version of CC installed? For example, CC, vs. CC-2014, vs. CC-2015? Or are they all considered version 10.0?

The reason I ask is because I want to provide users a script that will open all library documents stored in the user’s InDesign preference folder. I only have a version of CC 2014, and it considers it Version 10.0 in terms of this file path: ((path to current user folder as Unicode text) & “Library:Preferences:Adobe InDesign:Version 10.0:en_US:My_Libraries:”)

Maybe my point is moot and there is no such thing as being able to have multiple versions of CC running on a machine? That would be nice, but I don’t know if that is true?

Thanks,
-Jeff

--Determine what version of InDesign running as string
tell application id "com.adobe.InDesign"
	activate
	set myVersion to version of application id "com.adobe.InDesign" as string
	--display dialog myVersion
	if myVersion starts with "6." then
		set myVersion to "version 6.0"
	else if myVersion starts with "7.0" then
		set myVersion to "Version 7.0"
	else if myVersion starts with "7.5" then
		set myVersion to "Version 7.5"
	else if myVersion starts with "8." then
		set myVersion to "Version 8.0"
	else if myVersion starts with "9." then
		set myVersion to "Version 9.0"
	else if myVersion starts with "10." then
		set myVersion to "version 10.0"
	end if
end tell
tell application "Finder"
	try
		set this_folder to folder ((path to current user folder as Unicode text) & "Library:Preferences:Adobe InDesign:" & myVersion & ":en_US:My_Libraries:")

on error
		tell application "SystemUIServer"
			activate
			display dialog "Could not find the VPLibraries folder. Or maybe it is in the wrong location?" & return & return & "Make sure all of your library {.indl files} reside in:" & return & return & "Admin>Library>Preferences>Adobe InDesign>" & myVersion & ">en_US>My_Libraries" buttons {"Cancel"} default button "Cancel" with icon stop
		end tell
	end try
end tell

set theList to {".indl"}
tell application id "com.adobe.InDesign"
	activate
	repeat with i in this_folder
		try
			set theName to name of i
			if theName contains theList then
				open i
			end if
		end try
	end repeat
end tell

InDesign CC 2015 is version 11, and yes you can run CC 2014 and CC 2015 at the same time. By default, though, the CC2015 installer removes CC 2014.

Excellent Shane! Thank you very much for the quick response. In terms of file paths, CC 2015 is “Version 11.0”, correct, with the .0. - Probably implied, but just want to be extra sure.

Correct.

Once again, thank you very much Shane