AppleScript Editor's color preferences do not stick

Hi,
having got bored of AppleScript Editor’s color scheme, I have tried to customize colors in Preferences > Formatting (and I did click Apply, several times). Upon re-opening the editor, however, the default colors are back. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a workaround?

Using OS X 10.7, Xcode 4.1 and AppleScript Editor 2.4 (128).

Hi, druido.

This was one of the first things I noticed when setting up my OS 10.6 machine!

I got round it by locking the preference file (“~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.applescript.plist”) after making the changes. I don’t remember now if I had to do that before or after quitting AppleScript Editor, but definitely before starting it up again.

I also made a back-up copy of the post-change file, but have never needed to use it.

I had that problem, and used same solution.

In my case, though, the Apply button was missing (in Dutch, but not in English).
I assumed that was the cause, and filed a bug report with Apple.

I got a follow-up email on 22/7. Presumably that means it is cured in 10.7…
Please check, when you have upgraded.

Thanks, locking the preferences (com.apple.applescript.plist) works!

I’ve noticed that colors were not reset upon every restart, but I’ve not been able to track the cause that eventually reverts them to default values.

Since I wrote this, there have been one or two system updates/upgrades where new categories have been added to AppleScript’s formatting preferences. Installing these has overwritten the existing plist file despite it being locked, so having a backup copy has saved me some bother. The trick has been to replace the new file with the unlocked backup, open AppleScript Editor (which has then displayed my own formatting), edit the added categories (or not), click “Apply”, lock the now-updated plist file, and back up that version.

Since I’ve been using Mavericks, there have been several occasions when my AppleScript formatting has reverted to the defaults without the plist file being overwritten. The system’s simply decided to ignore the file. I haven’t been able to pin down the cause of this. The only cure has been to restart the machine to force a reread. Mind you, the offending system does go for long periods between restarts as it’s running BOINC tasks which don’t like being interrupted. If it was shut down and restarted every day, the problem might not occur.

Same problem. plist got ignored though it was locked.

Yes, I’m having the same problem.
It is now Sat, Aug 1, 2015, I’m running Mavericks (10.9.5), and the AppleScript > Preferences > Formatting seem to lose my changes overnight.

They work OK during the same Mac session, but after I put the Mac to sleep, and come back the next day, the Formatting Preferences are often reverted to old settings.

Has anyone found a fix/solution/workaround for this?
Has this issue been reported to Apple by anyone?

TIA for your help.