Monday, December 18, 2017

#1 2016-03-15 09:41:34 am

maeks84

Read and Write to a plist

Trying to force myself to learn Xcode.  An applescript app I have is just getting too big...

Anyway, with the applescript, I save some data in a txt file.  I think this can better be done in a plist file though.  So, I created a plist under supporting files.  However, I can't figure out how to load this, let alone write to it!   Basically, I just need to load all the data from the plist into a list that I can work with via applescript and then save it back.  Can anyone one help explain this?

Also, is Cocoa-Applescript the same thing as AppleScriptObjC?  I've found a book, http://www.macosxautomation.com/applesc … _book.html, that I've been thinking about going ahead and buying.  Anyone know if this covers the info I'm asking about?

#2 2016-03-15 06:04:52 pm

Shane Stanley

Re: Read and Write to a plist

Yes, Cocoa-AppleScript, AppleScript-Cocoa and AppleScriptObjC are different names for the same thing. And yes, that book covers property list basics (disclaimer: I'm the author). But it's about using AppleScriptObjC generally, not in Xcode. Most of it still holds in Xcode, but there's no longer a specific guide for usingAppleScriptObjC in Xcode.

Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au>
www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/

Board footer