Script to append a file in iChat

Hi!
I searched on the Internet (including here, the first place I searched) and try to guess for almost 6 hours what will be the “secret magic AppleScript code” I need to send a file to someone. For your information, for me "send “text”, “send audio invitation” and “send video invitation” work but, because Apple said nothing about how to do it, I needed to guess and only “send file” don’t work. :cry:

Here is what I have and don’t work:

tell application "iChat"
	activate
	send file of "test" of startup disk to (a reference to account id "Rendezvous:test@My Mac")
end tell

Or

tell application "iChat"
	activate
	send document file of "Macintosh HD:test" to (a reference to account id "Rendezvous:test@My Mac")
end tell

If someone can help me and guide me in the right direction this will be very appreciate!

Thank you very much in advance for your answer!

Nobody can’t help me? Talk about your experiences, I don’t know. I cannot believe nobody think about use AppleScript to send a file with iChat. :?

I guess I dont understand why you would want to send a file with AS via iChat. If you’re chatting with someone just drop the file in. Seems kind of like overkill to me. I’m guessing its part of some larger script, or MAYBE there would be some use if you attached a script to a folder, but I still dont quite see the use.

Anyway, my best suggestion is to check out

http://www.apple.com/applescript/uiscripting/

You can just script the GUI to do what you want.

Of youre not using Panther… ummm… Upgrade. :slight_smile: