Moving files

Ok I know this should be easy, what am I missing?

tell application "Finder"
try
set fileList to files of folder "path:to:folder" 
move fileList to folder (name of folder)
end try

Jason

what I realy would like to do is to copy all files from a folder to another folder at one time.

Does this work?

try
		duplicate files of folder "path:to:folder" to folder "path:to:destination folder"
	end try
end tell

– Rob

this is what I have, it makes the new folder but will not copy the files. I also get no error message. Seeing how have need to make a new folder any way if I could just duplicate the folder and then rename it to what I need.

on run
make new folder at the folder "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles" with properties {name:(" testprofiles")}
try
duplicate files of folder "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles: GENERIC PROFILES" to folder "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles:testprofiles"
end try
end tell
end run

Does this work?

on run
		set nf to (make new folder at alias "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles:" with properties {name:"testprofiles"})
		try
			duplicate (get files of alias "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles: GENERIC PROFILES:") to nf
		on error e
			display dialog e buttons {"OK"} default button 1 with icon 0
		end try
	end tell
end run

– Rob

[color=red]

set duped to (duplicate alias "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles: GENERIC PROFILES:" to folder "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles:")
end tell
set name of folder "Raid_0:Rampage:Profiles: GENERIC PROFILES copy:" to {testprofiles}
end tell

[/color]

Thank you Rob your a great help!

Jason