iCal: Changing event's calendar

(note: I cross posted this question in the Apple’s Applescript list)

I pretty much can make a event in a calendar, but I would like to go through a list of events in various calendars and, based on their summary, change them to a different calendar. Pretty easy to do in the UI with the pull down menu but not sure the easiest way to do that with applescript.

Should I copy the properties of an event and make a new event in the new calendar and delete the old one. Or is there a way to copy the event to a calendar?

Lacking a calendar property for an event, I don’t see any other way to do it.

– Rob

I’d be interested in more details. What’s possible depends on what you’re trying to do specifically. You can move events to new calendars, as in this example:

move (first event of (every calendar where its title is not "Test") where its summary is "Workout") to end of last calendar

This is a prime example of why I shouldn’t answer questions without testing. Thanks, Michael.

– Rob

Heh. Well, my philosophy is to wait until the post is just about to jump off the front page before I tell them what they’re doing can’t be done. I figure by then someone would have said something, so I’m less likely to be proved wrong! :slight_smile:

Well, I’ve managed to move the event out of the calendar but it seems to disappear into nowhere since it never shows up in the target calendar.

Make sure you’re moving it to the end of a calendar or it will get lost. Try this:

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

Replace calName and eventString as necessary.

Hope this helps.

That seemed to be the issue. Thanks!