AppleScript droplet unexpectedly quits

I have the following problem and I’m unable to come up with a reason why my AppleScript droplet crashes.

The script is attached below. Whenever I run it, I get a SIGBUS error and I get the dialog saying the application has unexpectedly quit. I’ve even tried creating a new project and having a statement like “tell application “Finder” / display dialog “Hello” / end tell” And it still gives me the same thing. I’ve tried this on 2 different computers. If anyone has some insight into what the problem would be, I would appreciate it.

on open fp7files

tell application "FileMaker Developer"
	activate

open item 1 of fp7files
	set f to item 1 of fp7files
	set numrec to count record of window 1

set recPoint to 1

repeat while recPoint ? numrec
		go to record recPoint
		copy cell 1 of record recPoint to artifactName

do script "Export Field Contents"

tell application "Finder"
			set myPath to container of f as text
			set imgPath to myPath & "tmp.jpg"

try
				set name of file imgPath to artifactName & ".jpg"
			on error
				try
					delete imgPath
				end try
			end try
		end tell

set recPoint to recPoint + 1
	end repeat
	quit
end tell

quit

end open

You can try this script which I think does what you want (although I’m not sure, you do want several files based on tmp.jpg, right?):

Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

I’ll give that a try. But the problem isn’t so much with the script it seems but rather AppleScript droplets. I meant to say in my last post is that I’ve tried to create a new project with empty bodies and just had that single tell application “Finder” statement and it would still crash. I’m not sure if it’s some setting in Xcode or what. It is quite frustrating.

Ah, you didn’t mention this was an Xcode project before (and it wasn’t in the AppleScript Studio forum). Is there something else that you’ve not posted that requires an AppleScript Studio interface? If not, this is a pretty basic droplet and you could just use the Script Editor to create the application with much less overhead.

Jon

Yeah, there’s no application interface for it. Just that script… I chose the droplet so that I could just drop arbitrary filemaker files on it to export (the script is essentially to facillitate conversion from filemaker format to PostGreSQL). This is actually my first attempt at AppleScript so I’m not sure if I’m calling something (or not ending something properly) that would cause a SIGBUS error to occur. If there would be an easier way to do it outside of Xcode, that would be great :slight_smile:

I’l