update text field content

I wrote the following script:

set the contents of text field “FeedBack” to "Processing … "
do shell script “/Users/” & User & "/aviToQuicktimeTool/titlesScript " & Sq & " " & Sc & " " & User
set the contents of text field “FeedBack” to “The script terminated successfully”

my problem is that the Processing text is not being displayed.
The only text appears in the textt field is “The script terminated successfully” after the c-shell script terminates. how can I update the text field content.

set the contents of text field "FeedBack" to "Processing ... " 
 set aviQTresult to do shell script "/Users/" & User & "/aviToQuicktimeTool/titlesScript " & Sq & " " & Sc & " " & User 
 set the contents of text field "FeedBack" to aviQTresult & "The script terminated successfully" 

You’ve got the catch the shell output somewhere.

Well , I guess I wasn’t clear enough.
my problem is that even though I am updating the text field content to “Processing…” before running the shell script, the text field stays empty until the shell script terminates. I wonder whether there is an appleScript command (such as flush in C) that updates the content of the text field.

You need to update the window to refresh the change:

In the future, you should be careful to post your questions to the appropriate forums (this one should be in the AppleScript Studio Forum).

Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

It worked!!! thanks a lot

I have the same problem when using the progress indicator:

if Sc = “all” then
set contents of text field “FeedBack” to "Processing … "
start progress indicator “progress indicator”
update
set aviQTresult to do shell script “/Users/” & User & "/aviToQuicktimeTool/titlesScript " & Sq & " " & Sc & " " & User
set contents of text field “FeedBack” to “The script terminated successfully”
– set contents of text field “FeedBack” to aviQTresult & “The script terminated successfully”
stop progress indicator “progress indicator”

but now, the update command didn’t help