script to switch from osx to os9

Unless I can ‘record’ it, I’ll pretty much never see the light of day with applescript, which leads to my question…

Is there a downloadable script that I can use to boot out of osx into os9, and another I can use to boot from os9 back into osx? I have an 8 year old where this would be of BIG help to me.

Thank U for any and all help.

Hi Tina, Richard Morton has freeware/open source AppleScript named “CalassicRunning 1.1.1” that will do close to what you are looking for, plus a little more ;¬). Search for “classic” in our ScriptBuildrs section. Here’s a direct link to Richard’s AppleScript…

http://scriptbuilders.net/category.php?search=classicrunning

Thank U for that suggestion… I suppose I should have been clear. I do not want a script to boot from osx to classic 9, but rather from osx to full blown os9. I am running 9.22 and OSX 10.3.1 on my imac. I would need a script that actually opens system preferences, selects startup disk 9.22, and restarts the cpu…then vice versa for os9 to x.

I’m probably out of royal luck with this, y’think?

T-

I hope someone helps you out with this; I could use it, too (but don’t have time to investigate writing it myself)!