Problems pasting

I’m experimenting with the following script to save the source code of an open Safari window and then save the code in PageSpinner and create a frameset of the document. (I am trying to get it eventually to have Safari create a frameset of the current window along with the selected link (when a link on the page is selected through a contextual menu))

I am new to Applescript and puzzled why I get an error for “paste document 1” when the paste works as long as I don’t include the last segment of code in the previous line

& "" marginwidth="1"></frameset>"

in setting the clipboard. Any suggestions why it won’t execute the paste command under these conditions?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

tell application "Safari"
	activate
	set current_doc to source of document 1
	set current_url to URL of document 1
	set the clipboard to current_doc
end tell

tell application "PageSpinner"
	activate
	set appll to "Macintosh HD:Users:Brett:Desktop:frametemp.html"
	open file appll
	select all document 1
	paste document 1
	save document 1 to file "Macintosh HD:Users:Brett:Desktop:frametemp.html"
	close document 1 saving in "Macintosh HD:Users:Brett:Desktop:frametemp.html"

set appll2 to "Macintosh HD:Users:Brett:Desktop:frametemp2.html"
	open file appll2
	set the clipboard to "<frameset rows="50%, 50%" border="5"><frame src="file:///Users/Brett/Desktop/frametemp.html" marginwidth="1" target="2"><frame name="2" src="" & current_url & "" marginwidth="1"></frameset>"
	paste document 1

save document 1 to file "Macintosh HD:Users:Brett:Desktop:frametemp2.html"
end tell

tell application "Safari"
	activate
	open file appll2
end tell

Does this help?

set the clipboard to "<frameset rows="50%, 50%" border="5"><frame src="file:///Users/Brett/Desktop/frametemp.html" marginwidth="1" target="2"><frame name="2" src="" & («class ktxt» of (current_url as Unicode text as record)) & "" marginwidth="1"></frameset>"

Yes, it did help…Something to do with being converted to Unicode text or something??

thanks a lot!

Brett

Yep, seems something about Unicode, but don’t ask me more :rolleyes: