10.00 to anyone who can figuer this out (By Paypal)

I will pay anyone 10.00 if they can figure out my solution, and I will pay them by paypal. No joke this is very important and I need to get this done for my skool, but I just dont have to time…so here is my problem. It must be done in Mac Internet Explorer or Safari (but Safari times out so you prob. wont be able to use it). But starting from this site

http://studentadmin.connectnd.us:8080/psp/NDPP84/EMPLOYEE/NDSP80/e/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstudentadmin.connectnd.us%3A80%2Fservlets%2Ficlientservlet%2FNDSP80%2F%3FICType%3DPanel%26Menu%3DCOMMUNITY_ACCESS%26Market%3DGBL%26PanelGroupName%3DCLASS_SEARCH

Then have it select from the drop down box:
*Institution: “Valley City State University”
Then Enter in the number for
*Term : 0430

THen have it click on the botton “Basic Search”

THen have it select from the drop down box:
Campus: Main

Then click on the button “Search”

Then on the next screen have it click on “OK” button

If anyone can figure this out, i will kiss your feet a million times, and pay yeah 10.00 for sure with paypal np. Thanks guys

P.S: Also I will give you credit for creating the program, and I will have it on the VCSU web site at http://www.vcsu.edu and I will post your name up.

Here’s what I see at the above URL:
“Your PeopleSoft connection has expired.
For increased security on this site, connections are expired after a delay of 20 minutes.
If you would like to perform further transactions please Return to PeopleSoft 8 Sign In.”

P.S. Is ten dollars a lot of money where you come from? :wink:

I was able to get to the page just before the login timed out and came up with the first part but couldn’t finish the script. If you can supply a login that won’t timeout, I can finish the script. You can contribute the money to MacScripter…

Jon

Yeah like I said Safari’s browser times out on any account on that web site. It seems like only Internet Explore works for there site. So if you can, (well I know IE works with applescript) but if you can finish it in IE that would be great. Else if anything try Camino but I had a tuff time trying to get applescript to work with it. Thank again guys. Any questions let me know, my e-mail is garrettwebb@msn.com or g-money@sg-warez.com

I don’t have Camino installed. IE works but I couldn’t get the DOM syntax correct for the form elements in the frames but this should work in Safari assuming you’ve got a valid login:

Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

Here the DOM names (the IE version works if you “click()” the buttons):

tell application "Safari"
	open location "http://studentadmin.connectnd.us:8080/psp/NDPP84/EMPLOYEE/NDSP80/e/?url=http%3a%2f%2fstudentadmin.connectnd.us%3a80%2fservlets%2ficlientservlet%2fNDSP80%2f%3fICType%3dPanel%26Menu%3dCOMMUNITY_ACCESS%26Market%3dGBL%26PanelGroupName%3dCLASS_SEARCH"

my waitLoaded()

do JavaScript "
with (frames['TargetContent']){
	main.CLASS_SRCH_WRK2_INSTITUTION.selectedIndex = 5;
	main.CLASS_SRCH_WRK2_STRM.value = '0430';
	submitAction_main(document,'main','CLASS_SRCH_BASIC');
}
" in document 1

my waitLoaded()

do JavaScript "
	main.CLASS_SRCH_WRK2_CAMPUS.selectedIndex = 1;
	submitAction_main(document,'main','CLASS_SRCH_WRK2_CLASS_SRCH_PB');
}
" in document 1

my waitLoaded()

do JavaScript "
	submitAction_main(document,'main', '#ICOK');
}
" in document 1
end tell

to waitLoaded()
	tell application "Safari"
		repeat
			delay 2
			if (do JavaScript "document.readyState" in document 1) = "complete" then exit repeat
		end repeat
	end tell
end waitLoaded

After replacing all the words “Safari” to “Internet Explorer” everything works fine untill it hits a java statment, for example:

Tell application “Internet Explorer” to do JavaScript the_js in document 1

well it gives me an error and highlights JavaScript and says “Syntax Error - Expected end of line, etc. but found identifier.”

any ideas, it does that for all the javascript lines, well thanks, and i am transfering 10.00 from my checking account to my paypal, so you will get paid in just a few days. Thanks big time.

To whom are you transferring the money?

Here is a version of the script (tested) that works in Internet Explorer. I modified soem of jj’s JavaScript submit routines an the waitLoaded handler so that it waits for the content of the target frame to load, not the frameset. IE is also persnickety about the window refs so you have to use the ListWindows call to get the proper index. Anyway, here’s the script:

Jon

[This script was automatically tagged for color coded syntax by Convert Script to Markup Code]

Ok thanks man, that helped a lot majorly, unf. connect ND is down again, damnit, so I will have to hoepfully finish up by having the rest of the code, where i can then i can download the data in a txt file of all the classess. Just hope the damn site starts working. Also I will pay jonn8 and jj, since jj came up with most of the code, and jonn8 fixed it up so IE works with it, so 10.00 for each of u. THanks a lot guys, and what is your paypal account so I can send u the money. It will take a few days since my money is transfering from my bank account to paypal.

Oh, no please, no bucks for me. As a Principal here, I can’t accept money.
Anyway, Jonathan was the first one, and my code is the same… :wink:

Well if your sure, I can always send yeah money for your help. By the way, the script works 100% perfect, I finnally got a chance to try it. I have attempted to try to select the text (or the classess) and copyed it to a text file, but so far its been going down the shitter lol. It wont copy the right stuff. Anyone have any ideas to allow me to select, “selected text” lol instead of a whole document, well thanks guys a bunch.

I don’t want the money either but a contribution benefitting the MacScripter website in general would be a very nice gesture. You could do so by purchasing a bit of high-quality MacScripter Swag. I have a few MacScripter shirts and a hat that I wear with pride (though my wife laughs uncontrollably whenever I pull “Script Warrior” out of the drawer). You could also make a contribution directly via PayPal. You should contact Ray for more information.

I think that many people who receive scripts or help in general on this site–especially scripts that help with commercial projects that save time & money–should seriously consider giving something back to the site either by way of contributions, purchasing swag, or by advertising. I am not a principal of this site and I probably have given more help than I have received but I do think it is a tremendous resource and I have put my money where my mouth is (my banner ad is in rotation).

Jon