Applescript NEWB

Hi all!! I am VERY interested in learning AS but found the Apple documentation to be a bit intimidating. Can someone point me in the direction of some reading that may be a bit more “user friendly” to help get me started in the world of AS.

I am an Art Director trying to use AS’s to automate some repetitive daily tasks. Which may include doing some scripting for Mac OS X as well QuarkXpress.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.

Thanks again.

Erin
Art Director

this site has a pretty good FAQ in terms of questions, but if you are just starting, a pdf like AppleScript for Absolute Starters would be a good thing to check out. I hope that helps, and i’m sure other people will have suggestions.

swwar,

thanks. i appreciate the link. i definately will have to do some reading.
is AS pretty easy to pick up once you learn the basics??

thanks again.

Erin

it depends on what you’re doing, but yea, once you know what you’re doing, it comes pretty easily. if you have any other questions, you can IM me, my sn is swwarmuth

plz excuse this rant, but i need to get this off my chest.

How does announcing “NEWB” in ur subject help? How does that make anyone want to help you more? I’m sure we were all “newbs” at once but even pro’s have questions, so what difference does it make? Why not use the limited space to explain your question instead of announcing your experince, or lack there of. This post for instance could be called “AS documentation” or “AS for dummies” (like the book) but no, its “Applescript NEWB”, which i might add is not very informing and is the only reason i looked into this post, because I had no idea what it was about.

If you take a look around this forum, you’ll see lots of “please, help”, “HEEEEEEEELP ME, PLIZ” and so on, but perhaps this is the only message which matches really the subject, at least as I understand it: I’m newbie to AS, so I need some info on AS. :?: