Sorting Documents

Good Morning;

I have read Danny Goodmans book on AppleScript along with several other publications. Unfortunately, I have not been able to understand how to write AppleScripts. My doctor tells me that I should not get frustrated as not understanding stuff is a result of my mental disability.

I have two things that I want to be able to do. The first little task seems to me that it should be easy, but I just don’t seem to be able to compete this task by myself. I have been working on this for the last three years.

I have about 50 Gigabits of documents that I need to have sorted as there are several copies of the same document. But I don’t want to throw away the most current document. So what I want is to have a little AppleScript program that goes and looks at all my documents and figures out which one is the biggest in size, most current date and then puts all the other older same documents in the trash.

I have a MAC.COM account. My public folder has some stuff in it. Please feel free to leave little AppleScripts or other stuff you would like to share in my public folder. My only request is to not put anything larger than 200 MB there. To access my public folder use the iDisk utility. My user name is: LARRYWALKER and the password for my public folder is: SYLVIA28

Can you help me to know how to do this?

Thank you for your time!

Larry
:cry: