Is this possible?

I just got a Danger Sidekick II. Neat little device. It can email pictures I take with it’s camera as attachments.

I’d like to have a script for Mail.app that can upon arrival of a such a message (to a mail account dedicated to the Sidekick) save the attachments to a specific folder on my machine and also rename the attachment to say, 11062004210906.jpg (datetime.jpg).

If that isn’t enough, I’d like it to then create a text file with the same thing (datetime.txt) that contains an HTML img tag reference a preset bit of a URL followed by the picture filename it just created, and then save this txt file to a folder.

I certainly don’t have the skills with Applescript to do this. Is it possible? Would someone be willing to help me? I might even pay a little cash to get this. Basically, I want these images to hit my blog automatically when I send them. This is a very big deal to me, and I don’t want to use one of those third-party picture blogging services. I’ve seen a script for doing this for picture messages from Sprint phones, but the difference there is that the email message is HTML with the image hosted on Sprint’s servers. The script simply parses the email for that URL and then creates the text file with that URL written in. That script can be found here.

Basically, this script handles the text file part very well. I just need it to do the bit about saving the attached image and writing it into the file as well.

Boy. I might just be crazy. :lol: