FreeHand MX save as PDF and save as FH7 (Resolved)

Does anyone know what happened to saving in FH7 and PDF formats via applescript? I used to be able to do this, but since upgrading to MX it seems to be broken.

Save in file “Path to:some:file.pdf” as PDF

or

Save in file “Path to:some:file.fh7” as FH7

No longer works for me and I really, really need that to work. I thought it might be another relatively undocumented workaround, like saving FH8 files from FH8 - save as “DataTypeAGD3” but I cannot find anything on this.

Thanks!

==== Update=====
The whole Datatype thing from scripting FH8 got me thinking. So, I dug around in the MX preferences, there is a line for last export format - and there it lists the format as the FreeHand specific DataType… I exported a PDF from MX, quit, then read the last export. It was “PDFWriter” ??? I couldn’t find this on any message board, or even on the Macromedia site.

I couldn’t do the same for FH7as MX doesn’t even offer that anymore but this is listed in the preferences under something else luckily… It is “DataTypeFreeHand7” - duh, should have known that right? Totally obvious.

So, the code for these to file saves would be

save in file “path to:somefile” as “PDFWriter”

save in file “path to:somefile” as “DataTypeFreehand7”

Both are case sensitive and require the quotes. Since this is not very well documented, and since MX doesn’t even offer the option of manually exporting to FH7, I would say it is one of those “Use at your own risk” scenario’s.

Hope this helps someone else in the same situation, but I would never wish that on anyone.

Time to move to Illustrator CS.