simple but needed help

I posted yesterday about how to add to a current script to ensure that the caps lock key is off. Many people have looked at my post however noone has responded. Is this because it can’t be done or is this because it is so simple that noone wants to respond.
Thanks if you respond,
Jerry

Rest assured that if someone has your answer you will get one. If you don’t have an answer yet, its probably becuase it is a rare issue or a lost cause. Remember when you script you have to have a target- what would it be in this case? You can’t script the keyboard, so that’s out.

“Sometimes moving on provides as much resolution as solving the problem”

SC

I’m not so sure that starting a whole new thread (one day after posting), just to whine about how no one was waiting anxiously at their computer to answer your post, was such a good idea. You could have at least posted it in the existing thread to avoid cluttering the forum with uselessly redundant new ones. There are thousands of posts here at macscripter, which would indicate to me that if someone who is watching has an answer, that they would probably share it.

Just be patient… :rolleyes:
j

I have a script that loads a server with a request of username and logon. often times this is done by very young children. If the capslock key is down, they do not notice it and login using caps. Then they end up getting locked out of our system. What I would like is to have the script check to see if the caps lock is on and turn it off or if this cannot be done maybe it can at least warn them that it is on? I know that keys can be identified in scripts and even pressed through commands in the script. Is the capslock something that can be directed as such?

I think all you can do is check if caps-lock is ON, then tell the user about it. But you can’t manipulate this key, I think…
This code requires Jon’s Commands http://osaxen.com/files/jonscommands3.0d3.html:

if (keys pressed) is {"Caps Lock"} then display dialog "no, no..."