Request: Script to merge two images, Photoshop 7

Scenerio:

-Photoshop 7
Image1 is a picture in FolderA.
Image2 is a transparent layer with text in FolderB.

I need a script that merges the photos and saves them without dialogs to the highest quality JPEG. The final result is a picture with text on it.

FolderC stores the final image, ‘Image3’

I only need the meat, so you could put the script in the form

*Ideally, Image2 is set on Image1 in Image1’s window.
*Save as Image3, close Image1 without saving.
SC

Hi Sitcom,

Would a non photoshop solution be ok?

If it is you would need to flatten your photoshop file with the text, so that the transparency information was in the alpha channel.

iMagine Photo can blend images together, and take into account transparency information.

The first script on the page: Register a .EU.COM domain today!

blends two images where the watermark image can contain transparency information. If all your blending information is in the alpha channel (transparency) then you would leave the blending amount at 100%. To run the script from Safari just click on the link immediately above the script and it will open the script in Script Editor.

The script is probably more complicated than you would need because it can blend as well. Plus the script scales the watermark image to fill as much of the main image as possible without being cropped.

You would of course need to download iMagine Photo. Register a .EU.COM domain today!

Also I have recently written a Apply Watermark Automator action which does the same kind of thing. It is included in the iMagine Photo Automator Actions downloadable from the automator section of macscripter.

HTH
Kevin