Free voice activated scripts?

Ok im a total noob etc but go easy, can I make voice activated scripts without buying a program like iListen, all I want to do is be able to control scripts without having to use my mouse as it is faulty at the moment and i’m trying to make everything voice activated at the moment. Cheers if you can help.

I know you can do this with OS X 10.4 and 10.3. (Someone else will have to vouch for earlier versions.) Look for Speakable Items in System Preferences.

Speakable scripts are easily done in X. So easy you will end up having to remember hundreds of commands that you programmed, which gets cumbersome. But it’s still good when needed…

Create a script

display dialog "Holy shit, is it that easy?" as string

save as an application, and NAME IT WHAT YOU WILL CALL IT TO RUN. So if you name it “My first script”, when you say “My first script” it will run.

How to make the app speakable: Search for the folder "Speakable Items" in your drive. Every file in the folder is a speakable application that can also be ran by clicking. Double click the file "open speech commands window". This opens the speech interface and gets it ready. There is an arrow on the  mic icon that you can click on to bring up preferences. "Esc" is the key you hold to have speakable items listen.

Drop the application you just made into the speakable items folder. Hold the “esc” key down and say the name of the application (slower than normal). The interface has a level meter, so you can tell if it is hearing you.
When it hears you, the name of the app pops up and is executed. You can do quite a bit with speakable items… Make Quicktime voice activated, open websites, open mail, etc. And there are a ton of “free” apps as you said; lots of scripts can be made speakable. Post back with any specifix.
SC