Can AppleScript do this? (newbie)

Hi all,

Working in a music studio, and testing the AppleScript waters for the first time. I’m wondering if AppleScript can be used to do this task I’m looking to perform.

I would like several different FileMaker Pro 6 documents to be opened remotely… “Open Remote” is a command in the File menu of FP6 for which there is no designated key command.

What’s more, I would like an icon on my desktop that will automatically perform the task. So effectively, I would click on the icon, the application would point to a database that’s open on another machine, and choose “Open Remote” on my machine.

I’m running 10.3.9 on a 2 G5s, an iMac & an XserveRAID.

I’d like the databases to be available on each of the 3 machines.

If you can, please let me know if this is doable-- and maybe some introductory hints about how to go about doing it…

Thanks, all. Very much appreciated.

Adam

I can test this, because I don’t have FileMaker, but it looks like this should work:

tell application "FileMaker Pro"
	activate
	get remote URL "FMP5://[host]/filename"
end

Assuming this works, you should be able to save this as an application on your desktop.

If you need to open more than one database, just make another “get remote URL” line.

Thanks…

When I try this, though, it tries to open it in OS 9-- “Classic.” I’m wondering if it’s somehow trying to open an older version on my machine.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Adam

But the code posted is

SC

Sitcom, I’m looking at the dictionary on MacScripter.