Change file name while duplicating

Okay…I’m revisiting this post a couple months later. I’ve had a change in my workflow. Instead of changing the file name from ending in 4c to BW or vice versa, I need to change the file name from ending in 4c to RGB or BW to RGB. I’ve combined my name changing script with a Folder Action script. Basically, this “Process Folder” acts as a holding place for JPGs that are processed offsite. When files are dropped into it, they are duplicated to an “Inbox” to be processed. Once processed, the file will appear in the “Outbox” and another script which watches the “Outbox” will do its thing, part of which deletes the file out of the “Process Folder” and then process is complete. I continually add photos to this “Process Folder”, so there’s a steady flow of photos going in and out.

So with my workflow change, I need to also duplicate a JPG whose name ends in RBG rather than 4c or BW to a different folder. The following script does exactly what I what (as long as I drop one JPGs at a time):

property origList : {"BWHT.jpg", "4cHT.jpg", "BWHTM.jpg", "4cHTM.jpg"}
property dupeList : {"RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg"}

on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items
    tell application "Finder" to repeat with thisFile in added_items
        if name of thisFile does not end with ".jpg" then
            set NotJpg to name of thisFile
            display dialog NotJpg & " is not a .JPG & was deleted from Process folder" with icon 0 buttons {"Oops!"} ¬
                default button "Oops!"
            delete thisFile
        else
            repeat with currEnd in {"ht.jpg", "htm.jpg"}
                if name of thisFile ends with currEnd then
                    repeat with theItem in (get selection)
                        set currName to theItem's name
                        tell origList to repeat with i from 1 to count
                            tell item i to if currName ends with it then
                                set RGBFile to currName's text 1 through -((count) + 1) & "RGB.jpg"
                                set (duplicate theItem to RefreshMedia replacing yes)'s name to RGBFile
                                exit repeat
                            end if
                        end repeat
                    end repeat
                end if
            end repeat
        end if
        duplicate thisFile to Inbox
    end repeat
end adding folder items to

However…if I drop more than one JPG at a time, let’s say 5, it’ll create 5 JPGs ending in RGB to the correct folder, but it’ll also duplicate one of the originally named files (ending in either 4c or BW) for a total of 6 duplicated files. It’s random as to which file it duplicates incorrectly (first, last, whichever).

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I’ve done wrong in my script? Also, is there a better way to define the files where I have:

I’m dying over here!:confused:
Thanks - slimjim5811

I’m desperate once again.

I’m having trouble with a Folder Action. It works fine if you drop the items one at a time, but if you drop multiple files, it FUBARs the script.

Say you drop 3 files. The script works fine and duplicates 3 results, but it also throws in a 4th file, with the wrong (unconverted) name into the RefreshMedia Folder. Can someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong?

property origList : {"BWHT.jpg", "4cHT.jpg", "BWHTM.jpg", "4cHTM.jpg", "4c.jpg", "BW.jpg"}
property dupeList : {"RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg", "RGB.jpg"}

on adding folder items to this_folder after receiving added_items
	tell application "Finder" to repeat with thisFile in added_items
			set currName to theItem's name
			tell origList to repeat with i from 1 to count
				tell item i to if currName ends with it then
					set RGBFile to currName's text 1 through -((count) + 1) & dupeList's item i
					if first character of RGBFile is "_" then set RGBFile to text 3 through end of RGBFile
					set (duplicate theItem to RefreshMedia replacing yes)'s name to RGBFile
					duplicate theItem to Inbox replacing yes
					exit repeat
				end if
			end repeat
		end repeat
	end repeat
end adding folder items to

Any advice would be greatly appriciated!
slimjim5811