chronological by exif...

You don’t really have to sort through all those files. You could just add a check in the script. The check would be that if the file didn’t have either of those 2 dates then to use the Finder’s creation date. The Finder will always have that date. It won’t be accurate but that’s probably the best you can do with those trouble files.

Sorry but I don’t have time to do that now, but the idea should help you fix the script. It should work and prevent you from having to manually find the troubled files.

Got it,
I managed to weed out the problem files and got my folder cleaned up so that regulus6633’s script could do its thing. Now I have over 11gigs of various photo files in chronological order! Thanks everyone! I know I have been kinda spotty on this forum but I don’t have a regular internet connection so I had to hop on when I could. Anyway I am really happy I was able to do what I wanted to do and not have to buy anything. Our macs are really powerful machines and I really want to learn more about applescript so that I can take advantage of all this free stuff that apple gives us with our computers.
Thanks again,
~Joe

I’m glad it worked out Joe. I find the combination of applescript and unix commands to allow us to do vurtually anything we can think of… and its easy enough for us amateurs to work with… very powerful stuff!