Identify a QuarkXpress text box and then set content

I finally handle the loop using a list repeat. Now I’m trying the same trick to run the script in all layouts of each project, but the command “set layoutList to name of every layout space of document theProject” doesn’t work.
Any clue? Thanks!

tell application "QuarkXPress"
	activate
	set openProjectList to name of every project
	repeat with theProject in openProjectList
		tell document theProject
			set view scale to fit spread in window
			set horizontal measure to millimeters
			set vertical measure to millimeters

set nameOfDoc to name
			set {atid, AppleScript's text item delimiters} to {AppleScript's text item delimiters, space}
			set theFolios to text item 1 of nameOfDoc

set AppleScript's text item delimiters to "-"
			set folioLeft to (text item 1 of theFolios) - "0"
			set folioRight to (text item 2 of theFolios) - "0"
			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to atid

set listOfBoxes to every text box
			repeat with thisBox in listOfBoxes
				set thisBoxBounds to bounds of thisBox as list

set {T, L, B, R} to {(item 1 of thisBoxBounds coerce to real) as integer, (item 2 of thisBoxBounds coerce to real) as integer, (item 3 of thisBoxBounds coerce to real) as integer, (item 4 of thisBoxBounds coerce to real) as integer, story 1 of thisBox}

-- display dialog "T:" & T & " L:" & L & " B:" & B & " R:" & R -- check box position

if T > 223 and L < 8 then
					show thisBox
					set story 1 of thisBox to folioLeft
				else if T > 223 and L > 155 then
					set story 1 of thisBox to folioRight
				end if
			end repeat
		end tell
	end repeat
end tell

That’s what I told you: or you target a document or you target a layout space not in a document but in a project.
Reading the application dictionary will enlighten you on such subtleties. It’s a kind of path for commands: some of the commands in AS must be addressed to specific objects and not others. Knowing that will help you tremendously (talking to myself as well!). So many times I hit a wall just because I’m not addressing commands to the right objects! HTH.

The wrong thing is that you manipulate the variable i or n when it’s not needed at all. The loop is doing what you wish to accomplish on the other hand: repeat with n from 1 to 10 will have the variable set to 1 at the beginning and then to 2, to 3, etc. on every turn; if you add in that loop set n to n + 1, instead of 2 on the second turn, it’ll be 2 + 1, then at the third turn, 3 + 1, etc. so that you step over a document every single loop. Does this make sense?
Try this instead (unless the variable i is need for sth else):

tell application "QuarkXPress"
	activate
	set numberProjects to count of projects -- pay attention here: projects contain layout spaces, documents not; if telling projects, you'll want to add layout spaces
	repeat with n from 1 to numberProjects
		-- here goes the original script
		show text box 1 of document n -- here, you're not targetting projects but documents!!! if you do have several layout spaces, you'll want to say text box 1 of layout space 1 of project 1, and you should loop in as many layout spaces inside of a given project.
		select text box 1 of document n
		set x to name of document n
		display dialog "Document " & n & ", Filename " & x
		-- here goes the original script
	end repeat
end tell

CMYS, TecNik,

Thank you for all your help. Everything is now working as expected.
Have a great day!

Hi jarchscript, glad to learn you’ve sorted it.
Hopefully you’ve learnt something along the way.