Loading file list from a folder

Hi, everyone.

My script above works fine, but I would like the user to have a choice without using third-party libraries. In addition, Nigel tried to do this above, but didn’t quite finish the script to the end; his scripts return Posix paths instead of files. And his last script was very close to the goal, but unfortunately, it throws an error when sorting.

I only needed to make 1-2 changes for his version (which is now better from my) to work perfect. 1) It does not use a third-party library, 2) it filters out package files and 3) it filters out “strange” folders with “extensions”.

use framework "Foundation"
use scripting additions

property |⌘| : a reference to current application
property NSPredicate : a reference to NSPredicate of |⌘|
property NSFileManager : a reference to NSFileManager of |⌘|
property |NSURL| : a reference to |NSURL| of |⌘|
property NSMutableArray : a reference to NSMutableArray of |⌘|
property NSURLIsRegularFileKey : a reference to NSURLIsRegularFileKey of |⌘|
property NSSortDescriptor : a reference to NSSortDescriptor of |⌘|
property NSDirectoryEnumerationSkipsPackageDescendants : a reference to 2
property NSDirectoryEnumerationSkipsHiddenFiles : a reference to 4

set sourceFolder to POSIX path of (choose folder with prompt "PLEASE, SELECT FOLDER")
set sourceURL to |NSURL|'s URLWithString:sourceFolder

set fileManager to NSFileManager's |defaultManager|()
set fileKey to NSURLIsRegularFileKey
set searchOptions to (NSDirectoryEnumerationSkipsPackageDescendants) + (NSDirectoryEnumerationSkipsHiddenFiles)

-- Get entire contents of folder, includung contents of subfolders, without packages and hidden files
set entireContents to (fileManager's enumeratorAtURL:(sourceURL) includingPropertiesForKeys:({fileKey}) options:(searchOptions) errorHandler:(missing value))'s allObjects()

-- Filter case-insensitively for items with "pdf" extensions.
set thePredicate to NSPredicate's predicateWithFormat:("pathExtension ==[c] 'pdf'")
set urlArray to entireContents's filteredArrayUsingPredicate:(thePredicate)

-- The result is probably just the files we want, but check for any folders among them while getting their paths.
set theFiles to NSMutableArray's new()
repeat with theURL in urlArray
	if ((theURL's getResourceValue:(reference) forKey:(fileKey) |error|:(missing value))'s end as boolean) then tell theFiles to addObject:(theURL)
end repeat

-- Sort the remaining URLs on their paths.
set sortDescriptor to NSSortDescriptor's sortDescriptorWithKey:("path") ascending:(true) selector:("localizedStandardCompare:")
theFiles's sortUsingDescriptors:({sortDescriptor})

set theFiles to theFiles as list